Friday, October 24, 2008

TODAY?

I just came back from Starbucks. It was so funny. I went in and I think the lady recognized me.
"How are you?", she said.
"Fine, thank you!", I said. "Can I have a tall iced latte with only half a shot and whipped cream, please"
"Ok!", at this point, the lady that prepares the coffee was listening to me saying what I wanted. So she asked: "When are you due?"
"Today!"
"TODAY?!", both ladies said at the same time with a very, VERY loud voice.
"I can totally see your water breaking right now!", one of them said.
"Oh, can you imagine!", I said.

I guess everyone studying, reading, or just chatting at that Starbucks must have turned around and looked at what was happening, but I just smiled and payed for my coffee. =)

And no, my water didn't brake at Starbucks, thankfully!

2 comments:

Alexis D. said...

cute. Nate was 13 days late...I loved telling people when he was overdue - their faces!! happy gestating and enjoy the quiet!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to meet you and Gerardo at the TAL dinner! I've been thinking and praying for you 3, especially on your due date! I remember laughing when I was still at work on my due date and telling people that the baby was due that day. It gets funnier when you're out and about AFTER the due date and tell people when they ask when you're due. One time I was at HEB and I was asked, "When's the baby due?" and I'd said, "Oh, 2 days ago." :)