Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Feast Day!

Thanks to everyone visiting from Devin and Katie's blog, welcome!

Happy Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux! Oh, the little flower...one of my favorite saints. I made a blog post a couple of years ago about my visit to St. Therese's home in Lisieux. Go to the link if you want to see pictures of how it looks like. It was such a blessing to be able to make that trip.

Anyway, as you can see from Gerardo's post, he was hunting all last week and Roxy and I spent the week with family. We're now back home recovering from our trip and trying to get used to our routine again. Oh, and before I forget, Roxy said her first word yesterday! Yep, I asked her if she wanted to eat, and she said "si" (that's "yes" in Spanish- we speak in Spanish at home). I couldn't believe it, so I asked again and she answered back again. During dinner time she did it again. Gerardo, my brother (who came over for dinner) and I were just amazed. I don't know if she knows what she's saying, but it looks like she's answering our questions because she's not saying it randomly all day. We'll see.


Going back to the little flower, I want to recommend a CD that I like: Praying the Rosary with St. Therese. It is really inspiring and makes praying the rosary easier.





"Therese of Lisieux counters a rational culture, so often overcome by practical materialism, with the disarming simplicity of the "little way" which, by returning to the essentials, leads to the secret of all life: the divine love that surrounds and penetrates every human venture" - Pope John Paul II

No comments: