Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello again!

Ok everyone, I know I haven't posted in a while, but I feel like posting right now, so here it goes.

Baby Roxy is 9 months and 3 weeks, so when they ask me, I just say she's almost 10 months old. Life with her is so much fun. Everyday she does something new, or discovers a little part of our world. I am thankful for having the opportunity to stay home with her and witness every little one of her accomplishments. Her more recent ones are:

Sleeping through the night (we're so happy about that one), eating finger food, pulling up and taking small steps around the coffee tables, clapping, waving bye bye, doing the "give me 5 (I don't know another way of explaining that), putting her head under the water (we took swim classes this summer), crawling ALL OVER the house and closing the doors, and signing "more".

We went to her 9 month check-up a couple of weeks ago, and she is 80 percentile in height, but only 20 percentile in weight. Doctor said she's going to be tall and skinny and we don't have to worry about her weight. She's really active and likes to eat everything, so I guess she just has a fast metabolism.

Anyway, here are some recent pictures:

As you can see, she's daddy's little girl:
Here she is with the little bow that mommy made for her (yes, I'm selling bows, I'll post about that soon!!)
After bathtime:
With her new crocs:

Priceless:And yesterday we went with our friends The Roses to a really cool aquatic center for kids. We had lots of fun.

So that's it for today. I want to post more often, but sometimes I just don't know what to write about. But since I'm not taking classes anymore (I graduated in May. Don't remember if we posted about that), I need somewhere to practice writing in English, and blogging is a good way of doing that. So pardon me if I misspell a word or use an incorrect verb tense. Blogging would be easier if everyone understood Spanish, but that's okay, I'll go ahead and practice my English.

2 comments:

Alexis D. said...

your english is perfect! 100x better than my spanish! great pics and it was great to see y'all today!!

Roxanna said...

Thanks Alexis! It was great seeing you too! =)